Financial Aid

The University of Texas at El Paso has a financial aid office that will assist you with your financial application. For more information, call (915) 747-5478.

  • Federal loans may cover your entire tuition, fees and other costs of attendance.
  • You may qualify for a Stafford loan regardless of your current employment or credit history. If your employment changes during your studies, it will not impact your loan.
  • You will not be required to start repaying your loans while you are in school. Repayment starts six months after you earn your degree.
  • You may defer repayment of your federal loans if you decide to continue your education or request forbearance if your repayment becomes a financial hardship.
  • Many companies offer full or partial tuition reimbursement for their employees. Check with your human resources department to determine what kind of education benefits are available.

How to Apply for Financial Aid

To apply, complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This is a national form available on the web at You will need to list UTEP on the FAFSA along with the school Title IV code: 003661

Only US citizens and permanent residents are eligible for financial aid through the FAFSA form.

To check the status of the processing of your FAFSA at the Federal Student Aid processing center, call 1-800-4FED AID and select option #1.

Hazlewood Act
For information concerning the Hazlewood Act for ex-service Texas residents, please contact the UTEP Veterans Affairs Office at (915) 747-5342.