|Summer US Applicants
|Summer Mexican Citizens
|Summer International Non-Mexican
|Fall US Applicants
|Fall Mexican Citizens
|Fall International Non-Mexican
|Spring US Applicants
|Spring Mexican Citizens
|Spring International Non-Mexican
NOTE: Most prospective students will be required to apply for summer admissions to the program.
Applicants should submit the following to the Graduate School (Administration Bldg., Room 200, 915-747-5491):
- Online Application for Admission into a Graduate Degree Program:
Apply Online >>
- Application fee (payable through the online application)
- Official transcript from an accredited institution demonstrating completion of a four-year Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent in the
case of an international institution) and official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended. Transcripts for degrees
earned at UTEP are not required. Unofficial scores and transcripts can be uploaded in the online application. Official scores and
transcripts must be received by the Graduate School prior to enrollment.
- Statement of Purpose, not to exceed one page, which may include a description of the applicant's professional experience,
educational background, career goals and/or socio-economic background. You may upload this document when you complete your
- GRE score.
Unofficial scores and transcripts can be uploaded in the online application. Official scores and transcripts must be received by the Graduate School prior to enrollment.
- TOEFL score of at least 250/600 (for international students)
- International students must complete all additional steps listed on the International Student Checklist (PDF).
Applicants must submit all of the materials listed above before an admission
decision can be made.
Admissions decisions are based on demonstration of academic performance and potential as measured by undergraduate GPA, standardized test
scores, and other factors. Admissions decisions may also reflect consideration of candidates’ socio-economic background, professional
experience, and commitment to the program.
MSE Program Academic Advisor
Business Room 325
Dr. Tom Fullerton
MSE Program Director
Business Room 241
Ph: (915) 747-7747