An International Learning Environment
Why should you study in El Paso?
The Greater El Paso region is the center for economic and cultural activity
in West Texas, Southern New Mexico and Northern Mexico. With a population of 2.5
million people, this is largest metropolitan area on the U.S./Mexico border and
the largest bi-national community in the Western hemisphere. The region is also
home to Fort Bliss (the second largest military base in the United States),
White Sands Missile Range and Holloman Air Force Base. The El Paso area boasts
of almost five decades of expertise in manufacturing, logistics, and
international commerce. In addition, the region is experiencing
significant growth in the medical and defense-related industries.
Operating within this bi-national, tri-state backdrop, the College of Business
Administration and the International Business PHD Program offer students:
- Faculty members with vast backgrounds in international business and
- Interaction with classmates who work in this vibrant business
environment and contribute their experiences to the learning process;
- A diverse student body that is drawn from a multitude of national,
cultural, and professional backgrounds;
- A real world, strategic perspective on the ever-changing dynamics of
global markets; and
- An entrepreneurial, resourceful, and collaborative spirit.
Find Out More