Windows Software Downloads - DreamSpark
Select Microsoft Software Available for Download
Members of the College of Business Administration (Faculty, Staff, Graduate Students, and Undergraduate Students) can download select Microsoft software programs from the COBA Dreamspark site.
First Create an Account
To access the Dreamspark site, you will need to create an account.
To create an account, send an email to the COBA Dreamspark Admin at Cobawebmaster@utep.edu with:
- Your full name
- UTEP 800 number
- Your Major
- UTEP Miners email address
This account will expire at the end of the semester and will allow you to download the software only once.
How to Download the Software from Dreamspark
- Once you have requested access to the Dreamspark site, your account will be created within 72 hours.
- You will receive an email notification from the Dreamspark administrator with a login name, password, and link to the site.
- Using Internet Explorer access the Dreamspark site. (You must perform all downloads with Internet Explorer only.)
- Select the software that you want to download.
- You will receive a link by email to download the launcher as well as the license, if required by the software.
- Run the launcher and perform the following steps:
- Authorization - Checks are done to make sure that you have not exceeded your download limit. Install to a local directory.
- Download - The encrypted file is downloaded to your local directory from our web server.
- Unpack - The secure package that you just downloaded is unwrapped to the local directory from before.
- Launch Install - This step normally launches the program installation. For our software, this step will simply open the download directory.
- After you follow the step, an ISO image will be on your desktop. (.ISO)
- Burn the extracted ISO to a CD/DVD.
Frequently Asked Questioins
I have forgotten the link to access the Dreamspark Site. Can I still access it again?
Yes. Follow the link to COBA Dreamspark.
I am a Faculty member for the College of Business. How do I get a class copy of the software for my students?
If you are a faculty member, please send an email to COBA Dreamspark Admin with a class list of your student’s UTEP email addresses (only UTEP email addresses are authorized), the course number, and name of the department you are assigned to.
I am a COBA Faculty or Staff member and want a personal copy, how do I obtain one?
If you are a faculty or staff member and want your own personal copy, please send an email to COBA Dreamspark Admin with your valid UTEP email address, your 800 number, and name of the department within engineering that you are assigned to.
How many times can I install licensed software?
Licensed software is software that you are explicitly authorized to use via a license key. This software can only be installed once. If you are reinstalling the software on the same hardware system, and the software is reported to be activated, you can call Microsoft for a reinstallation.
Can I install the software on both my desktop and laptop?
No. This software can only be installed once.