Graduate Business Center to Open This Fall
September 18, 2009
The College of Business Administration (COBA) is proud to announce to construction and development of the UTEP Graduate Business Center (GBC.) The GBC represents the first physical expansion of COBA in over 25 years. This new expansion allows the COBA to meet the following objectives: 1) to support our graduate professional programs such as the Accelerated MBA; 2) to create space for the launch of new programs, namely the Executive MBA and the International MBA; 3) To create a learning environment appropriate for managers and executives; 4) To expand COBA’s research capacity and professional development initiatives; and 5) to contribute to the renaissance of downtown El Paso.
The GBC will feature:
- Almost 12,000 square feet of space on the 1st and 5th floor of the Chase Building;
- Two classrooms for the Accelerated MBA/International MBA programs and a third classroom designed specifically for the Executive MBA;
- Offices of several research centers including the Center for Hispanic Entrepreneurship, the Border Region Modeling Project, and the Centers for Entrepreneurial Development, Advancement, Research and Support, as well as the proposed Center for Hispanic Marketing;
- Hassle-free parking for students;
- At full capacity (Spring 2011), the GBC will be home to four Accelerated MBA cohorts, two EMBA cohorts, two International MBA cohorts, several COBA Research Centers and numerous professional development initiatives.
- Mid-October – The two AMBA cohorts will move into the 1st floor classroom;
- January 2010 – The inaugural EMBA cohort will being their program on the 5th floor. They will be joined by a third AMBA cohort;
- Spring 2010 – Several Research Centers will occupy 5th floor offices;
- Fall 2010 – The International MBA cohort will begin its inaugural class.
For more information on the UTEP Graduate Business Center, contact Laura Uribarri at (915) 747-5379.