In Their Own Words
“ The development of my managerial skills has provided me with the essentials for dealing with real-time situations pertaining to management and resolution of problems.
The Executive MBA (EMBA) is an 18-month cohort MBA format designed for leadership in both for-profit and not-for-profit organizations. Candidates with
at least 8 years of managerial experience, who are looking to enhance their understanding and ability to integrate the business disciplines, advance their
managerial skills, and further their leadership effectiveness are best served by our EMBA format. The EMBA is a key component of the talent management efforts
of successful organizations.
The EMBA format is conducive to the busy schedule of advancing managers. EMBA courses are offered every
other week (twice monthly) on Friday and Saturday from 8:00am to 5:00pm, with two courses completed over 5 weeks. Courses are presented in topical modules
that reflect the multidisciplinary nature of business. Additionally, the EMBA features an International Research Course focused on comparative corporate
governance that is conducted over a 7-9 day abroad study.
Classes are held at the UTEP Graduate Business Center in Downtown El Paso. Each EMBA cohort is
kept purposefully small and will range between 20-30 students to maximize meaningful discourse and networking opportunities
The curriculum consists of a
48 credit-hour program with 12 specially designed modules.
- TheEMBA allows business leaders to pursue and attain their MBA degree through an expedited and non-traditional format.
- EMBA students engage the MBA coursework with peers who have similar management and business leadership experience.
- Although the EMBA provides an expedited path to earning an MBA, it is not a shortcut. EMBA students who successfully meet the requirements of the MBA program earn
a Master of Business Administration degree.
- International travel and research engagements expand students’ global perspectives and networks.
- A distinguished core of professors from diverse academic and corporate backgrounds will deliver the EMBA coursework.
- Students will experience a variety of instructional formats in the classroom as well as coursework outside of the classroom.
- Benefit from networking, team building and other synergies created by progressing through the entire curriculum as a cohort.
- The EMBA is delivered in a multilingual and multicultural community, featuring over five decades of expertise in manufacturing, logistics, international commerce
Students must complete 48 credit-hours of Course of Study for the Master of
Business Administration (MBA) that consists of 12 specially designed modules.
It includes the following courses:
The CEO's Perspective
Financial Disclosure, Legal Environment and Ethics
Issues in Financial Markets
Marketing Research: Techniques and Applications
International Strategic Management
Negotiations and Conflict Resolution
Issues in Comparative Corporate Governance
Analyzing Financial Decisions
Managing Global Production
Fundamentals of Economic Analysis
Developing Human Capital
Admission to the EMBA Program
|Executive MBA Application Deadlines (Spring admission only)|
|Spring US Applicants
|Spring Mexican Citizens
|Spring International Non-Mexican
Applications for the January 2014 EMBA cohort are being accepted.
Applicants must submit the following in order to be considered for admission to the Executive MBA Program:
- Online Application for Admission into a Graduate Degree Program:
Apply Online >>
- Application fee (payable through the online application).
- Official transcript from an accredited institution demonstrating completion of a four-year Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent in the
case of an international institution) and official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended. Official transcripts for degrees
earned at UTEP are not required.*
- Statement of Purpose, not to exceed one page, which may include a description of the applicant's professional experience,
educational background, career goals and/or socio-economic background.**
- Two letters of reference from professional and/or academic sources.**
- Applicants must demonstrate at least 8 years of managerial experience.
- International applicants whose undergraduate degree was delivered in a language other than English are required to submit TOEFL scores of
at least 250/600.
- Applicants may be interviewed by MBA Program staff as part of the evaluation process.
- International students must complete all additional steps listed on the International Student Checklist (PDF).
* Unofficial scores and transcripts can be uploaded to the online application. Official scores
and transcripts must be received by the Graduate School prior to enrollment.
** These application documents can be uploaded to the online application.
Applicants must submit all of the materials listed above before an admission
decision can be made.
The 2013 Executive MBA Program costs are $35,000. Program costs include:
- Tuition & registration fees
- All textbooks, case materials and software.
- Lodging (double occupancy) and two meals per day for the International Research Course (airfare is not included).
Tuition, fees and charges are subject to change by administrative, legislative, or regent action, and changes become effective on the date enacted.